Friday, August 8, 2008

hospital stay reveals baby not ready yet.....

so monday i had "leaking" all day....soaked thru 6 pads/pantyliners and three pair of undies in 12 hrs.....thought it had to be water...guess it was combo of urine and sweat. i'm in too much pain to be embarrassed right now. anyhow, late in the afternoon on monday this "stinging" or "burning" sensation started in my lower abdomen. i was feeling overall crappy too. i could tell i was spiking a fever here and there. when you touched my belly at these times it'd be burning hot to the touch. over the next day the stinging/burning sensation, comparable to when you get a vaccination, got progressively worse, and my lower back tightened up, and i developed a headache i couldn't shake, and was continually nauseous. so when kalen got off at 3am wednesday morning he took me on in to the hospital. well, that turned into a day and a half admit.

my bp was elevated upon arrival. so i had to stay and do a 24hr urine to test for protein. my numbers came back at 128. 300+ is pre-eclamptic, so that was ruled out. my bps lowered but stayed a lil high so they attribute them to my pain.

my ob was willing to induce at that point, but we had to know baby was ok, esp since i was in the middle of week 36, not quite term.

i underwent an amnio which apparently bothered my nurses more than it did me. lol the lung development test came back in three parts. the first two were all we got before i was discharged but they were enough. her numbers were borderline, but on the neg side so her lungs are still a lil immature. it's baffling. girls are supposed to develop faster than boys, i had the steroid shots, and i'm just days shy of being "full term". of course, i'm freaking out thinking her immature lungs could be a part of bigger problem, but everyone is assuring me if it had been done just a couple days later she'd be right on. i'm still worried some. but i guess i have a textbook baby. 37 weeks means full term and she's gonna make 37 weeks when she feels like being finished. at least. sooooo.....

here i sit cuz i have to alternate positions frequently. i'm in extreme pain. i hurt worse now than i did when i was recovering from my mastectomies. i'm foregoing pain meds because i'm just too afraid to introduce anything else into her lil system. 37 weeks is sunday. who knows when she'll be here. when she's good and ready i guess. now i'm glad the measures taken to try to speed along my labor were unsuccessful.

i can tell you this, i WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be pregnant again in my life!

o, and yeh, the stinging/burning, nausea, headache, sore back....yep, didn't go away and i have no explanation other than i'm pregnant.

No comments: